A Note To Parents: We make every effort for Roxanne's blog to be a SAFE site for children. Whenever possible, activities are in pdf format or link to safe sites for children. Please feel free to use the information in these posts for homeschool studies! All rights reserved by author and nature photographer, Virginia Parker Staat.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

My First Ferry Ride


We have been having fun in Homer, Alaska. Across Kachemak Bay, there is a little town called Seldovia. It only has 286 people living in the town. We wanted to see what it was like.

You can only get to Seldovia by boat or plane. So Mom, Dad, and I took a boat ride on the Kachemak Voyager passenger ferry.



The ferry ride was so much fun. We went by Gull Island. It has over 20,000 birds nesting on it. There were birds in the air. There were birds in the water. Mostly, there were birds nesting on the island. They sure made a lot of noise!





We also saw sea otters playing in the ocean. In my next post, I'll tell you more about them.

Seldovia is a pretty little town. We walked all around and met some very nice people.



The next day, we took the ferry back to Homer. I loved having the sea breeze in my face. I loved seeing all the ocean birds and animals. We had such a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment