A Note To Parents: We make every effort for Roxanne's blog to be a SAFE site for children. Whenever possible, activities are in pdf format or link to safe sites for children. Please feel free to use the information in these posts for homeschool studies! All rights reserved by author and nature photographer, Virginia Parker Staat.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Wish Me Luck on My Test!

Saturday is a big day for me. I will take my Canine Good Citizen exam. I must pass every part of the test. Mom and I have been practicing so that I will be ready.

It is a hard test for a Golden Retriever. I must sit next to Mom when a stranger and another dog come to greet us. I cannot say hello to the stranger or the dog unless Mom tells me that it is okay. That is VERY hard for a friendly Golden!

All of the other parts of the test will be easy for me. I must sit, stay, and come when Mom tells me to. The teacher will brush my fur to make sure that I like it. (And I do!) She will pick up my feet and look in my mouth to make sure that I don't bite.

The teacher will use a wheel chair or make a loud noise to see if I am afraid. Mom will leave me with the teacher for a few minutes to see if I am calm.

I took a test like this several years ago for Critters for Christ. I took the test so that I could go into nursing homes and visit sick people. Critters for Christ is a Texas organization. I am taking the Canine Good Citizen test because it is a national organization.

I will tell you tomorrow if I pass my test. Wish me luck!

1 comment: